This game is incredible! I love the cute creatures and the addictive simple and really well done game design (the speedy levelling is lovely)! Would be nice if there were little trinkets to collect or something at the end of the underground sections or something. Great to hear you are still working on it, and keep it up, you have something awesome here
What is Familiars.io?
- A monster catcher game!
- Massively-multiplayer online! (Your friends can join you!)
- A relaxed setting where you can collect silly familiars in a mysterious world!
- An optional competitive PVP scene with a very small learning curve!
- A place where you can greet other players with a "howdy!"
- A world where the lives of familiars are precious - if their HP reaches 0, they're gone forever...!
- Extremely easy to get started, especially if you've already played games like Pokemon!
- Entirely free! (And free of ads!)
- Playable in desktop and mobile browsers! (Really, the mobile experience is quite smooth!)
I hope you enjoy it!
(This game is still being actively added to! My twitter is the best place to hear about updates!)
|Updated||6 days ago|
|Published||8 days ago|
|Made with||Aseprite, Tiled, PixiJS|
|Tags||Cute, Massively multiplayer, MMORPG, Monsters, Multiplayer, pokemon, PvP, Turn-based, Turn-Based Combat|
|Average session||About a half-hour|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Mouse, Touchscreen, Smartphone|
|Multiplayer||Server-based networked multiplayer|
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
i love trhis game, its so cute
This game is super fun! Love the aesthetic, hearkens back to the good old pixel pokemon days. I look forward to seeing what else you add.
I had a 30 minute fight between my Wispy and a sensor
This game is an absolute delight! <3 my cobby
My cobby strat is so op, love this game to bits, better then pokemon
Just massacred a carbon and a button familia in pvp, feeling good.
Game just crashed, had a maxed out cobby and maxed out patch, felling sad
I cried when my seeker died :(
Looks fun and I just started playing
Very interesting io game concept and pretty fun, although I would have liked to know that familiars die permanently before my beloved snake died ):
Oh no!!! I completely forgot to add that aspect to the description... may they rest in peace
Love the UI, the smaller viewport constrains in a way that only adds to the wonder of exploration and to the nostalgia of playing GameBoy.
I'm excited for both the game and the dev behind the game. Both are amazing!
Super fun, super easy to pick up game. None can defeat my Cobby's magnified corn gun :)
Awesome game! The familiars are cute and the UI really is top notch.
Also a great way to find back that sweet feeling of discovery and adventure I had playing Pokemon Red as a kid!
very cute, would recommend playing :D